IMM is a meme started by the Story Siren it gives me an excuse to show off books and shiny new toys that I’ve gotten.
This week I picked up some library books for the road, and by road I mean air since I wanted reading material for the plane ride home.
- This Book Is Overdue: A book about the awesomeness of librarians and how I use technology to make me (as a librarian) a more relevant figure in the community.
- Zibby Payne & The Wonderful, Terrible Tomboy Experiment: A middle grade book about a girl who isn’t into the hair, makeup and gossip that suddenly has her 6th grade friends obsessed. She decides to play soccer with the boys at recess and discovers a whole new role for herself.
- Gleeful! A Totally Unofficial Guide To The Hit TV Series GLEE: I’m a gleek, enough said
- Passing Strange: I loved Generation Dead and Kiss of Life, read my reviews!
Christmas Gift from my Brother
That’s right! I got a Kobo for Christmas!!!! My little brother is the bestest. My Kobo came with 101 books, mostly classics that I heard about a lot doing my English degree but never got around to reading myself. Now I will, and next time I travel I won’t have to break my back carrying heavy books in my purse (ya I was lopsided it was so heavy).
So far I LOVE my Kobo and everyone teased me because I didn’t put it down most of yesterday 🙂 I will be reviewing some e-books and talking about my adjustment to the format change soon.
- Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras ebook box set: I got 35% off my first purchase of a book for my Kobo and they considered the four books one book so I took advantage of the deal.
I don’t have much time to read this week but loooove what’s in my mailbox