Tomorrow I head out to the OLA Super Conference, and while I am not looking forward to waking up at 5am to catch the Greyhound, I am very excited about the conference!
Thursday I will focusing on the expo, partly because of my vender relations class, and partly because it is a great opportunity to find out about new books, get some freebies, autographs and hopefully learn about some new technology that can help us provide the best possible service to teens.
Many of the sessions I plan to attend Friday deal with youth services:
- Satisfying Next-Gen Users: Emerging Research and the Role of Discovery
- Healthy Teens and Strong Communities: Strategies for Schools and Public Libraries
- Children’s and Young Adult Authors and Illustrators Enhancing Library and Reading Programs via 21st Century Technologies
- Preserving Pac-Man: Creating a Metadata Schema for Video Games University of Toronto
- Child and Youth Services Expo
- The Tween Scene: A year of programs for 10- to 15-year-olds
If you are a librarian or vender I hope I will see you there! If you are teen, I just thought you might like to know that librarians do care to know what you are interested in and how we can serve you better.