This was my first Terry Pratchett novel, and will not be my last. The man has an incredible sense of humour and delightfully twisted use of language.
- – The blue guys on the cover are Feegles and they are hilarious
- – The relationship between the witches and the villages is really well developed
- – Values honesty and hard work
- – I like the balance of defying and maintaining tradition
-It does not indicate anywhere on the cover or first few pages that this is 4 books into a series (It does mention Diskworld but does not clarify where it is the scheme of things).
– Normally novels have some sort of transition when the author jumps from one character in one location to a totally new location and character. Pratchett needs to learn the value of ” * * *” or a sword or some little image to indicate he has transitioned. There were several time-jumps that could have been clarified better as well.
Great for young adults and imaginative older ones